Chicago

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Chicago - DuSable Bridge
'Just returned from 11 days of conferencing, some in NJ and some in Chicago. 'Got sick 7 days in with a sinus cold, not fun, but I survived and here I am!

Chicago seems like such a lovely city with decent metro system and lots of stuff going on. Fireworks. Free music concerts. Of course, my hotel was right near all the action, so maybe it'd be a different story in a different homebase? Or a different season, like, say, winter. Brrrrrrr.

Chicago from Chicago Harbor
Chicago from Chicago Harbor
0626192135_HDR

I met up with a friend from my Seattle days circa 2012 and we enjoyed some of the sights around Millennium Park. And I learned how to spell Millennium.
Chicago - Bean
Chicago - Bean
Chicago - Millennium Park Lurie Gardens
Chicago - Millennium Park Lurie Gardens
Chicago - Cindy's Overlooking Millenium Park
Chicago - Milleniumn Park Fountain

I took a boat tour on the last day, because I was sick and tired and sitting still on a boat sounded like a good way to site see. I don't think I'd ever done the Chicago Architecture Tour before, likely because the last two times I was in Chicago, 2004 & 2007, 40 bucks was a lot of money to spend on any one thing. Ah, adulthood and the not-giving when one is sick! Beautiful views, and indeed a relaxing way to see the city in the sunny weather.
Chicago - Architecture Boat Tour
Chicago - Architecture Boat Tour
Chicago - Architecture Boat Tour
Chicago - Architecture Boat Tour
Chicago - Architecture Boat Tour
Chicago - Architecture Boat Tour

0 comments: