Success: Pork Carnitas

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Slow-cooked Pork Carnitas
I followed this recipe for pork carnitas from MyKitchenEscapades recently, and it is definitely quite tasty.

I couldn't find a boneless pork butt, so I used a bone-in pork roast, and we just cut the meat off the bone. I used the slow cooker approach, slow cooking the meat on low for 8 hours. Then I removed the produce, placed the meat in a pan, and cooked the remaining sauce down in ~5 minutes. Mixed the meat and sauce together, spread out on the cookie sheet, and broiled each side for ~6 minutes to get the caramelized crispiness. Without this last broiling step, I don't think this recipe would be particularly memorable. The last [broiling] step really is worth it. Don't skip it.

Slow-cooked Pork Carnitas
Slow-cooked Pork Carnitas
Slow-cooked Pork Carnitas

1 comments:

rooth said...

We do carnitas this way and it's our absolute fave!