Knitting for Babies: Smaller Cloudy Mint Layette

Friday, March 11, 2022

The Eyelet Knit Baby Layette

Here's the smaller-sized items from the Cloudy Mint Hand-knit Baby Layette made in Baby Bee Sweet Delight acrylic yarns, for easy washing. They're smaller because they sort of ended up that way due to my random gauge and selection of patterns. I make matching larger items as well, so that my friend's baby can wear these hand-knit items for as long as possible.

The Eyelet Knit Baby Layette

The hat and booties here are directly from the Lullaby Layette patterns, no modifications, except I made the booties knit in the round, rather than flat and seamed together.

The Eyelet Knit Baby Layette

The Newborn Vertebrae is modified with a line of lace down the back that looks very similar to the Lullaby Layette eyelet, but is actually repeated from the McDreamy Booties in the larger Cloudy Mint Layette. The only other modification is that this was the last item I made with the Toy Elephant Marled yarn, and so I ran out of yarn before I could completely finish off the ribbing for the neckline edgings. It's close enough that it should be okay.

The Eyelet Knit Baby Layette

These Teeny-tiny Knit Mitts are the smallest size from the pattern, but I also added in the Lullaby Layette eyelet in the round, until we hit the decreases. These knit up super, super fast!

The Eyelet Knit Baby Layette

0 comments: