Harvesting: Spring Broccoli Rabe

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Harvesting Spring Broccoli Rabe Spring Broccoli Rabe
June 17 & 10, 2022

The first year I grew Broccoli Rabe! And I apparently really wanted to, as I have two seed packets for it somehow! As a brassica, it's pretty easy - grows faster than kale. Next year I should start up about twice as many seeds, as I'm a fan. Or maybe, the same number of broccoli rabe seedlings, but also a row of sprouting broccoli?

I prefer to eat these raw, but one can also do a simple sauteeing a la Love & Lemons: Blanch for 2 minutes first, then sautee with garlic for 5 minutes. Squirt of lemon juice at the end. Salt to taste. Soggy leaves, crunchy stems. Perhaps not everyone's preferred combo!

Sauteed Spring Broccoli Rabe

That in the pan is, like, 75% of this year's harvest. Which is why, perhaps, doubling the number of seeds I start might be wise!

1 comments:

rooth said...

OOooo I really like broccoli rabe too! May need to try planting that next year