First Pair of Knitted Adult-Sized Socks

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Ampersand Socks

For my first pair of adult-sized socks (my very first pair was a set of baby socks), I wanted something fairly simple to show off some self-striping yarn. But not something so simple as to be boring. So I ended up with these Ampersand Socks from Kirsten Kapur. They're a little slouchy on the ankle for me, likely because I used fingering weight yarn instead of Sport-weight (oops...), but other than that, they fit pretty well.

Ampersand Socks

Due to using smaller yarn, I ended up sizing down considerably in needles, and rather than use two circular needles, I opted to do Two At a Time Magic Loop, which means I got both socks done at the same time! None of that dreaded Second Sock Syndrome. Overall, a pretty simple, pretty quick knit. Maybe next time I'll go for something more complex?!

Ampersand Socks

I've got enough of the self-striping yarn leftover that I might combine it with some leftover brown yarn to make some Broken Seed Stitch Socks.

1 comments:

rainmelon said...

Faaaaancy socks.

Waiting for Pixel to model one of these pairs, lol.