My Second Fleece! Finn X East Friesian Lamb

Sunday, January 29, 2023

The Whole Fleece Fleece Scouring Prep

The fancy, fine white merino fleece I bought a ways back is being slowly used as part of a longer term project. And in the meantime, I wanted something for a more short-term project. I dragged J to the Massachusetts Sheep & Woolcraft Fair and got myself this lovely Finn X East Friesian lambswool, $60 for 3.5 lbs. It is definitely a "project fleece." Lots of second cuts and felted bits, but when it's priced the way it is, and with my hobbies being mostly as a screen-break, this seems like a fine trade-off.

Sorting the locks into a gradient

I scoured it using the Washing Fleece Instructions from Sheepspot - Episode 18, and then after drying, proceeded to sort the locks into a gradient for a special project...

0 comments: