Sunday, July 19, 2015
More proof that I cannot sew a straight line to save my life...
Using up scraps from the quilt back and top, I made some double-fold bias binding, just like in my tutorial.
I used CluckCluckSew's machine binding tutorial as with the triangle quilt, but unlike that tutorial, I finished the ends with a mitered edge.
Finishing Binding Attachment with a Mitered Edge
- Leave binding tails around 10 inches
- Trim overlap to be width of binding
- Overlap ends without twists, as shown. Sew seam horizontally across
- Trim seam allowance to 1/4 inch
- Iron binding and sew to quilt
- Hand sew any machine-sewing mishaps.
Modern Bear Paw Quilt