Modern Bear Paw Quilt: Patchwork Back

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Step 3: Keep sewing patches together, until done
I got the idea for a patchwork quilt back from TalesOfCloth's 'home in a log cabin' quilt. It's a lovely way to use up all those larger scraps. I had to buy a yard each of the aqua zigzag and navy polka dot, but I filled in the rest with leftovers from the top (and even a strip from my triangle quilt's wavy backing).

Step 0: Picking out fabric/backing colors
Step 1: Laying out backing
Step 2: Sewing patchwork quilt backing together

Modern Bear Paw Quilt
  1. Materials, Fabric, Cutting, and Piecing, 7/5/15
  2. Patchwork Backing, 7/8/15
  3. Quilt Sandwich, 7/12/15
  4. Machine Quilting, 7/15/15
  5. How To Finish Binding with a Mitered Edge, 7/19/15
  6. Completion Overview, 7/22/15

3 comments:

Emmylou said...

I honestly wish I can sew as I would really love to make my own quilts. Your fabrics all look great:)

little luxury list said...

It's a beautiful mix of colors! It has such a great modern feel too. If only i could sew!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Katrin said...

Oh wow, that one looks so great! I am planning to finally learn how to sew for a while but it feels kind of overwhelming to me!