Modern Crafted Necklaces

Monday, January 25, 2010

Solar System necklace by etsy/wonderwonder Triangle Explosion necklace by etsy/spinthread

Lately there's been an onslaught of larger more arts-and-crafts oriented necklaces in the modern craft world (by "modern craft world" I mean not hideous grandma sweaters). They're mostly doable by the average crafts-enthusiast, but I'm fascinated by the incorporation of needlework and grandma crafts into something newer and more modern. Granny chic?
Black dahlia necklace by etsy/whiteowl Handwoven necklace by formeforyou
Lace Taco by etsy/muntedkowhai Cecilia necklace by esty/bungalow

2 comments:

homesprout said...

I love these necklaces. I especially like the one with two knotted strands. Nice.

h said...

While it's good to support small artists/producers, I also think these pieces are cool in their "do-ability." I like how obviously handmade objects are in style.