日本: Oh the Things You'll Buy

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Yukata

i: i also got an angry daruma man, a large kokeshi, 2 kimono + obi for $20, wood tea plates... and i think that's it. all the things.
j: i've got a lot of googling to do. kokeshi? kimono + obi?


I did indeed go to Japan and buy all the things. There are no things left to buy. The shopping in Japan is good. Sencha and tabi and name-engraved chopsticks and Engrish notebooks, oh my!

Also, how much English can a person speak without actually speaking English?

Kokeshi Dolls (Dento & Shingata)
Tea Canister
Tea Cups & Pot
Ikat Kimono and Orange Obi Blue Polyester Kimono
Sake from Japan
Chopsticks & Rests
Sake SetBunny Bowls and ChopsticksGeisha Socks

8 comments:

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

OMG, such good stuff!
Except those sock thingys have always weirded me out a little.

aki! said...

Everything your brought looks awesome. Especially the clothes. I really want to try them out even though I don't think I'll ever have the opportunity to wear them.

7% Solution​

maria said...

what a great blog! great pics in this post. especially like the striped dinnerware. Thanks for visiting mine and leaving a comment! I always love to see a new reader - makes my day!
Would love to follow each other if you'd like?? Let me know and I'll follow back.
maria
http://shadeofwhim.blogspot.com

maria said...

by dinnerware i meant sake set :D oops.

Deidre said...

Love the chopsticks and the soup bowls! amazing.

Amanda said...

I'm glad that you bought all the things ;) I love all of your friends, and man you got a lot of stuff for really inexpensive!

rooth said...

You're going to be bringing back such goodies! Your friends / family / coworkers are lucky if those gifts are for them

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh those little teal and terracotta cups are to die for!....and all the other ceramics gorgeous-you ninja goddess, you!

Glad you're home safe and sound and the kitten is BIG!

And looking over your other posts...you have made my list of people who use the word 'pontificate'. I love that word too much.

Happy homecoming!