Fail: Rustic Sourdough Bread

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Rustic Sourdough Bread

Every once and awhile it's nice to have a good, solid cooking failure. These Rustic Sourdough Loaves from King Arthur Flour fit the bill nicely. So, not only do I have one hard-as-a-rock bread loaf, but I have two! Lucky me!

On the bright side, the insides are still soft and chewy. So I probably just overbaked the loaves a bit. The only thing you can really do with these bread paperweights is break them up with a hammer, let the insides dry out some, and create bread pudding. Only real option.

Rustic Sourdough Bread
Don't even look at me, bread.

Power Sawing Stale Sourdough Bread
[Edit: A few days later, we had to use a powered saw to cut the bread into chunks to make bread pudding. That stuff was like a rock.]

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

I'm glad you've got such good grace about the bread. The power saw photo sure cracked me up.

Hopefully the bread pudding turned out!

My Garden Diaries said...

Ha! Thanks for the laugh!!! I am trying to master my bread making skills! I'm glad it was still chewing on the inside!!!

rooth said...

Power saw - ha, that's awesome! My carrot zucchini bread was the opposite of rock hard this weekend but was still super tasty

Unknown said...

Hilarious that you had the drive to even use the bread at all! :) You crack me up. I was thinking it would make a good chew toy for puppies.

Victoria said...

yumm it looks so delish ! :D