Hiking Tip: Blister Prevention

Sunday, May 25, 2014

If you've only got $30 to spend and you want to save your feet from hiking torture, the best approach I've found is to invest in a Spenco Blister Kit (placing an adhesive knit strip on the hot spots as soon as you feel them), Wigwam Gobi Sock Liners (for wicking moisture away from your foot), Wool Hiking Socks (more moisture wicking, plus cushioning), and your shoes of choice. Hiking boots are best for ankle support, but a good pair of boots cost a fortune. They're worth every penny, but if you can't spend the $100+ on them, you may as well use your sneakers while you save up.


I have super sensitive feet, and I've found that if I apply some sort of blister prevention the minute I feel a hotspot (i.e., slightly painful area on the foot) where my boots are rubbing or cutting into me that it tends to prevent blisters. You just have to respond quickly.

Alright. Done talking about feet now.

1 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

I so need to refer to this before we leave for the mountains this summer.....I had no idea that they sold blister kits like this! Thanks for sharing lady!