Success? Blueberry Lavender Jam

Friday, August 29, 2014

Blueberry Lavender Jam

When a friend and I went to Paskorz Berry Farm to pick blueberries, we ended up having to purchase a pre-picked pint so that we'd have enough ripe berries to make FoodInJars' small batch blueberry jam. It turns out, the berries still weren't quite ripe, because this stuff is tart. I'm sure the lemon isn't helping matters! All's well that ends well. We still were able to have our mini canning party.

We basically followed the recipe, except we swapped out the ginger for a ~1Tbsp of lavender in a tea bag. I think, going forward, I would use slightly more than a tablespoon, rather than slightly less. Also, not pictured: the half pint of jam that my friend took home with her.

Blueberry Lavender Jam
Blueberry Lavender Jam

0 comments: