Perfect Shawl x3.5

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Uraidla Shawl #3
A few months after declaring the Uraidla Shawl the "Perfect Shawl", I have made 2.5 more! Instead of using the recommended yarn, I've been buying up 3 skeins of Rowan 4ply Soft from yarns on Ravelry. It's a very cost effective way to get 100% merino wool (about $15/shawl). My gauge is loose, so I go down two sizes in needles, skip the last row of garter stitch, and then double the number of rows between the bobbles (~16), and that gets me about 40yard leftover. Next time, I'll try not skipping that last garter stitch row, and see what we end up with then!

These make great gifts, and they stitch up super quick. I'm addicted, can you tell?!
Uraidla Shawl - gray vs. blue
Uraidla Shawl #3
Uraidla Shawl #3
Uraidla Shawl #3
Uraidla Shawl - gray

1 comments:

clipping path said...

Lovely blog. Thanks for sharing with us.