Success: Magic Apple Cobber [omg]

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Magic Apple Cobbler Recipe

The last of the local baking apples are in this magical cobbler! Out of the four apple baked goods I've made with these apples (apple crisp, apple brown betty, apple honey cake, and apple cobbler), this Smitten Kitchen Magic Apple Plum Cobbler (recplacing all plums with apples) has the best effort-to-satisfaction ratio.

Magic Apple Cobbler Recipe

The only real modification I made was to use only Empire Apples, as I made the recipe in early March and that is definitively not stone fruit season! Works very well with just apples. I think it might've been a bit under-baked, but since we always microwave our slices of this cobbler for 25 seconds or so, I'm not overly worried about it. I prefer slightly underbaked to over baked. Next time, I'll put some foil on top halfway through so that I can cook it a little longer without burning the top.

Magic Apple Cobbler Recipe

2 comments:

rooth said...

That looks amazing!

rainmelon said...

Effort to satisfaction ratio is so key! Looks delicious.