Rhinebeck 2022!!

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Autumn Leaves

It had been awhile since I last went to Rhinebeck, pretty much the largest sheep, yarn, and wool festival in the country. So I grabbed rainmelon and we went off to visit this fantastically over-crowded collection of wool enthusiasts!

Sheep Stall Rhinebeck Booth

I was mostly looking to buy a new naturally-colored fleece, but also bought some stitch markers and wool wash. Very exciting, I know!

Knitting: Sorrel Sweater in a natural gradient handspun Fibershed

I finished the sleeves of my natural gradient Sorrel sweater on the morning of the festival, so was able to [just barely] wear it as my Rhinebeck sweater! It was a little toasty for a woollen-spun sweater day, but it worked alright!

1 comments:

rainmelon said...

The gradient sorrel sweater! The most perfect outfit for the occasion, as demonstrated. Probably the weather now is more appropriate for it, haha.