White Sangria: It Does Exist

Friday, July 8, 2011

Strawberry Floaters, Peach Sinkers in White Sangria

At the wedding I attended a few weeks back, I got into a conversation with the caterer about the existence of white sangria. That is, it exists, it is awesome, tons of recipes are online, and if you're a caterer that serves copious amounts of red sangria you should really already know this.

At the end of the sangria pitcher...

This is Helen Jane's White Sangria, minus the Grand Marnier. And if you were smart, you'd serve it from a bowl and not a gallon jug to avoid giving everyone alcoholic fruit salad at the very end. I am not that smart.

But alcoholic fruit salad is tasty, as is this rather simple concoction. All you need is wine, rum, grape juice, fruit, and an hour to prepare/soak.

From the Top

7 comments:

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Yum yum yum! I have never had white sangria, and the red stuff is a little much for me, so I think I would love this!
BTW, I am hosting my monthly blog hop today and would love for you to join in!
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

Atley said...

I think that would taste better as a PIE or some cobbler! yum! now I want some dessert!

A Lost Feather said...

i love sangriaaa.. i was just thinking about making some this weekend and i really had no idea what was in it other than wine haha (and fruit obviouslyyyy) so this is helpful, thanksss :)

Unknown said...

I've been known to make some truly fabulous "ghetto sangria" -wine and whatever juice is lying around...but this looks simply fancy! Must try.

Stephanie said...

LOVE white sangria!! I went to a bachelorette party for one of my college roommates this past weekend, and we ordered a pitcher of white sangria at one of the bars we went to. SO good. :-)

Kathleen said...

i love sangria. white or red! I also like to add a little pellegrino for some carbonation. is it bad that is 9:15 and im craving wine? hmmmmmmm.

h said...

Kathleen- It is never too early to crave sangria. I mean, what's a mimosa for, if not breakfast?!