In Season

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What says late autumn more than a freezer full of homemade soup and knee high socks? A tea strainer and Thinsulated duffel coat, that's what! We're stocking up for winter here, and preparing to be the 'TA in black' (like The Man in Black, only, a Teaching Assistant).

I've acquired rose salve for a dry winter (multipurpose! for the office!), Pyrex storage bowls to safely hold all my homemade soup (and there is a lot of homemade soup), mini measure shot glass (for making said soups - these things really are awesome), fabric drawers for storing summer clothes, a perfectly balanced tea strainer for my finicky sencha with matcha, round tea tins with chalkboard sticker labels, a lambswool duffel from LL Bean, fancy and toasty knee highs from Sock Dreams in black like my Crown Vintage Samantha Booties, a cable knit sweater dress, a warm [real] silk slip to go under that nonsense, and polka dot tights to top it all off (bottom it off?).

Oh, and a boatload of sweaters, because that's pretty much what it's all about.


5 comments:

Alicia | Jaybird: Home in Motion said...

Oh I love Sock Dreams! I went on there awhile back and I emerged an hour later with a huge package of socks coming my way and a hazy feeling that I had somehow thrown my budget out the window.

Sounds like you've got all the coziness of the season down pat.

My Garden Diaries said...

I am loving every last bit on this board! Such cute shoes lady! My goodness! And the soup safe pyrex for storage is a must!!! Happy week to you!!!

Lesley Kim said...

thanks for sharing!! i dont know what rose salve is but will definitely google it right now because I am addicted to all things natural.

you have a great blog.. do you want to follow each other? let me know =)

www.lesley-kim.com

tinajoan said...

Such gorgeous finds! I am particularly obsessed with the purple coat (my friends and I created a "purp coat club" a few years back because we all had deep purple wintry coats!) and the polka dot tights.

Anonymous said...

I'm obsessed with sweaters this time of year, I almost never wear anything else.