MeMade Clothing: 2 Nocturne Tops in Gingham

Sunday, January 7, 2024

Nocturne Top in Black Check Nocturne Top in Black Check

While the second Sew Liberated Nocturne Top in this post was not 💯 because of fabric choice, the fit was finally (finally) there! This is a size 12 with 2.5" added to length in a Joann Fabrics viscose. Much better drape, much better fit. Only had to size down by...2! As always with check prints, I put the yokes on the diagonal so I don't have to worry about pattern matching.

Nocturne Top in Blue Check Nocturne Top in Blue Check

I made a fabric choice mistake with this Sew Liberated Nocturne Top. Shirting fabric from Joann Fabrics has too much structure! If it's not tucked in, it looks like a maternity shirt. And I don't really care for how it looks tucked in to mid-rise elastic bottoms (most of my bottoms). I could probably completely disassemble the top and severely reduce the gathers to have less "poof", but that's a lot of work...

0 comments: