Success: Savory Bread Pudding

Sunday, May 20, 2012


Well. I can't for the life of me find the recipe I used for this savory bread pudding. It's been so long since I've made it, I can't even remember what cheese I used on top. But suffice it to say that you can indeed make a savory bread pudding, there's lots of recipes around like this one. A savory bread pudding is a lot like a quiche, but with soaked stale bread on the inside instead of a crust on the outside. The one in these photos has mushrooms and spinach mixed in with the egg/milk filler, and it came out quite well. Very filling.

Maybe one day I'll be able to hunt down the actual recipe I used.

4 comments:

Az said...

Looks delicious. It never occurred to be that bread pudding could be savoury :)

Stephanie said...

I love savory bread puddings! We use to always have one for Easter breakfast growing up. SO GOOD!

rooth said...

Nom, I've never had this before but I already love the concept.

trishie said...

This is the first i've heard of a savoury bread pudding, but it looks really good!